Post.Office SMTP Filters can now use ClamAV for virus scanning. ClamAV operates as a plug-in extension to Post.Office 3.6. To configure the Post.Office SMTP Filters to use ClamAV:
- Log in to the Post.Office web based administration pages and navigate to: System Config : Configure an SMTP Filter
- Enter a new name and description for the filter
- Select "Plugin Name" in the "Body" filter pop-up menu.
- Enter clamav into the text field to the right of the pop-up menu.
- You do not need to specify an Operation in the "Op" pop-up menu.
- Submit the filter request.
ClamAV is configured by default to update its virus database biweekly and to filter attachments with viruses. See http://www.clamav.net for more details.