Post.Office SMTP Filters can now use SpamAssassin as a plug-in extension to their standard capabilities. To configure the Post.Office SMTP Filters to use SpamAssassin:
- Log in to the Post.Office web based administration pages and navigate to: System Config : Configure an SMTP Filter
- Enter a new name and description for the filter
- Select "Plugin Name" in the "Body" filter pop-up menu.
- Enter spam_assassin into the text field to the right of the pop-up menu.
- You do not need to specify an Operation in the "Op" pop-up menu.
- Submit the filter request.
SpamAssassin is configured by default to reject messages with a rating of 5 or higher. Further settings may be configured in SpamAssassin. See http://www.spamassassin.org for details.