Downloads, Documentation & Installation Notes
The iTools Documentation. We highly recommend looking through the User Guide even if you are a seasoned Apache veteran, iTools contains many features and we wouldn't want you to miss any!
iTools 10 Features
iTools 10 is a different breed of Internet server suite. iTools 10 combines the rock-solid reliability of Apache 2 with the ease of use of Macintosh. This version of iTools 10 is as innovative as the computers that run it. And whether you're a Mac user who's upgrading, a Windows user who's looking at switching to the Mac, or a UNIX user who loves the idea of using server software like Apache on top of a state-of-the art BSD UNIX implementation, this is the server suite for you.
iTools 10 supports remote, web-based administration for web sites, ftp and dns, and let's you:
Secure Remote Administration
- Set up and configuration of name-based and IP-based virtual hosts
- Create secure web sites with SSL
- Create secure chrooted FTP sites
- Set up WebDAV for collaborative development
- View graphical logging displays of web, ftp and mail traffic
- Allow clients to manage their own web sites and view their own logs (without compromising the privacy of other clients)
- Manage MySQL using phpMyAdmin (via iTools web-based administration panel)
- Manage Tomcat and other web add-ons, such as Coppermine, Wordpress, phpBB3, etc
- Manage cron jobs to automatically perform administrative tasks at pre-set intervals
- Update iTools and ancillary open-source packages automatically
- View embedded on-line help and avail yourself of Tenon Technical Support
iTools Administration Server continues to be enhanced to make managing your Apache sites even easier by reducing the amount of clicks needed to setup virtual hosts and by adding new features. The file system browser provides point and click directory name completion; the default virtual host is modifyable so you can create your own template; for clients that don't pay their bill, you can disable a virtual host with a single click.
iTools lets webmasters set up virtual hosts, create URL Aliases and Redirects, create self-signed SSL certificates and SSL certificate requests, create realm-based, host-based, and cipher-based Access Controls, and perform a myriad of other tasks. No need for Macintosh webmasters to "learn" Apache; they can just use the knowledge they have from years of being a Mac OS webmaster and Tenon's technology will translate their mouse clicks and table entries into terms that Apache can understand.
Web Log Summary Reports
iTools log analyzer works as a CGI and in few graphical web pages shows you all the possible information that your log contains. It uses a partial information file to be able to process large log files, often and quickly. Log Summary Reports can be generated for multiple servers support on your iTools machine: web, ftp and mail.