Secure Shell 1 and 2 for XTen 6.1
This package includes SSH1 and SSH2 for XTen. SSH2 is active by default. SSH1
compatibility mode is also on by default, allowing SSH2 client requests to SSH1
Secure Shell 2 Client (2.0.13) User Key Generation and
- Secure shell may be invoked indirectly by checking the "ssh" checkbox
in the remote client startup scripts or directly via the command line:
% /usr/local/bin/ssh xterm
Secure Shell 1 Client (1.2.27)
User Key Generation and Configuration
- Invoke the /usr/local/bin/dossh1.sh script to switch the local client
and server environment to SSH1 from SSH2.
- Generate the RSA public/private key pair in $HOME/.ssh/identity:
% /usr/local/bin/ssh-keygen -N '' -b 1024 -f ~/.ssh/identity
- Copy the public key generated by ssh-keygen (~/.ssh/identity.pub)
to the remote machine (running sshd1) by adding its contents to $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys
file on the remote server.
- To revert to the (default) SSH2 environment, invoke /usr/local/bin/dossh2.sh.
Optional Secure Shell Server
The Secure Shell server (sshd) is also in the binary distribution. To
generate a host key for the server:
% /usr/local/bin/ssh-keygen -b 1024 -f /etc/ssh_host_key -N ''
Start the server in /etc/rc.local:
| Tenon Home |
Contact Us |
About Tenon |
Tech Support |
Press Room |
Mailing Lists |
Copyright©2013 Tenon Intersystems, 232 Anacapa Street, Suite 2A, Santa Barbara,
CA 93101. All rights reserved.
Questions about our website - Contact: